Cesar D. Guerrero is a professor at Universidad Autónoma de Bucaramanga (UNAB) in Colombia. He received his M.S. degree in Computer Science in 2002 and his M.S. degree in Computer Engineering in 2007. In 2009 he obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from University of South Florida (USA). In 2016 he received a graduate degree in Creativity and Change Leadership from the International Center for Studies in Creativity in Buffalo (USA).
Dr. Guerrero is Fulbright scholar and IANAS Fellow from the American National Academy of Sciences. He has been visiting professor at Stanford University (USA) in 2012 and Carlos III University (Spain) in 2013. His research interest includes Internet of Things, Internet Measurement, and Education for Innovation. He is particularly interested in promoting creativity in Education and Research.
Professor Guerrero has been President of the Colombian Innovation Managers Association (CIMA) and Academic Coordinator of the Regional Network of Universities (UNIRED). He has served as Technical Program Committee member of several journals including Computer Networks and Computer Communications.
He is currently working in the following main activities:
- General Director of the first Joint Engineering Doctoral Program between three Colombian Universities.
- Director of the Engineering and Organizations Research Center at UNAB.
- Director of the East Branch Node at the National Internet of Things Excellence Center.
- Director of the Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (UNAB CREATIVE).
- Member of the Colombian Fulbright Advising Committee.
- Member of the Colombian Association of US Alumni Advising Committee.